Experience Maryland Fishing Charters for Rockfish, Striped Bass, & Bluefish Along the Chesapeake Bay
Get Hooked on Rockfish charter boat fishing opportunities and leave all of the details to us. The only thing you will need to provide is a reservation.
With the Chesapeake Bay at our back door, we are home to some of the best rockfish, striped bass, striper and sport fishing in the area.
Our experienced and knowledgeable Charter Boat Captains know Maryland’s Chesapeake Bay and make every effort to take advantage of daily catch limits; our goal is always to bring home some of the largest Striped Bass (Rockfish), Blue Fish, and other local favorites.
Upon your return to port, your fish will be cleaned and bagged for the trip home. If you are staying with us, we can arrange to have our culinary staff prepare your catch your way.
When making reservations be sure to consider food and beverage options; our hospitality staff can arrange for a variety of food services including breakfast, lunch, buffets or even a crab feast. Beverages can include non-alcoholic and alcoholic options.
For the most complete charter boat sport fishing experience available for striped bass, rockfish, bluefish, and more on the Chesapeake Bay, look no further than The Point at Pintail, like no other experience.
Where can I find Maryland Striped Bass / Maryland Rockfish around the Chesapeake Bay?
Maryland’s Chesapeake Bay is home to some of the best Striped Bass/Rockfish and Bluefish fishing in the world. Striped Bass/Rockfish are found year-round throughout the Chesapeake Bay waterways and tributaries. Striped Bass/Rockfish move upstream in the spring to spawn and in the summer and winter they can be found in the Chesapeak Bay’s deep channels.
Maryland Striped Bass / Maryland Rockfish FAQ’s
- Rockfish is Maryland’s state fish.
- Striped Bass/Rockfish have seven to eight dark continuous stripes across their silvery sides.
- Growing to about 20 inches, Striped Bass/Rockfish often weigh about 30 pounds.
- Striped Bass/Rockfish can grow as long as 6 feet and weigh as much as 125 pounds!
- Striped Bass/Rockfish can live from 10 to 30 years.
- The Chesapeake Bay record Striped Bass/Rockfish was caught in 1995 at Bloody Point, just south of Kent Island, Maryland, and weighed 67.5 pounds!
- The Chesapeake Bay is the largest nursery on the Atlantic coast for juvenile Striped Bass/Rockfish.
70 to 90 percent of the Atlantic population uses the Bay as spawning and nursery grounds.